It’s time to recognize those in our community who are making a difference! You may submit a nomination using the form on the WRCO website. You may also mail the information to WRCO Radio, PO Box 529, Richland Center, WI 53581 or drop the information off at the WRCO Studios, 1900 Highway 14 East. Nominations are due January 12, 2017. The awards will be presented at the Making a Difference Awards Banquet January 29 at the Phoenix Center.
In 2017, the awards that will be presented are: Business of the Year, Outstanding Organization Award, Civic Leadership Award, Non-Profit of the Year, Best Face Forward Award, Community Stewardship Award and Emergency Responder. Here are the descriptions of each award:
- Business of the Year is a business that made a deep impact on our community through its work, its employee impact, its volunteerism or its leadership to create growth and a true sense of community.
- Outstanding Organization Award is an organization, formal or informal, that made a deep impact on our community through its work, its vision, its volunteerism or its leadership to create a caring, compassionate community. There are many non-profit organizations that make our county a better place to live and deserve recognition.
- Civic Leadership Award goes to an employee of the city, county, state or other governmental agency who goes above and beyond the call of duty to enhance Richland County. This could be a City, County or State employee, a member of city council or county board, school board member or school employee.
- Best Face Forward is presented to recognize a business or commercial property owner that has improved the appearance of a building or property in our community thus putting their “Best Face Forward”.
- Community Stewardship Award: The individual who is selected has truly made a difference in our community, providing inspiration and vision, by touching the lives of Richland County residents. Their impact and dedication does make Richland County “the center of it all”. Stewardship is an ethic that embodies responsible planning and management of resources.
- The Emergency Responder Award will give special recognition to the individuals who risk their lives to save others. Nominations are encouraged in support of firefighters, law enforcement officers, EMT’s and First Responders.
All nominees for these awards come from the general public. The criteria for the nominations are as follows:
- The nominee must be a resident of Richland County;
- Businesses must be either be located in or doing business in Richland County;
- The following attributes are critical for the nominee:
- Strength of Character Leadership and
- Creativity Dedication to the Welfare of Others.
These awards may be given for work done in the previous 12 months, or for an entire body of work. Be sure to tell why you nominated this individual or business with as much detail as possible.
Making a Difference Past Award Winners
Business of the Year Award
2012-Family Thrift Shop
2013-Ed’s Family Foods
2014-Jones Chevrolet Buick
2015-WCCU Credit Union
Civic Leadership Award
Community Stewardship Award
Emergency Responder Award
2012-A collective of organizations serving the county
2013-Chad Kanable (Law Enforcement), Jerry Stibbe (Firefighter), Doug &
Marilyn Hill (EMT)
2016-Dane Kanable and K-9 Titan
Non-Profit of the Year
2013-Greater Richland Area Cancer Elimination
2014-Neighborhood Housing Services
2015-Rotary Lights Committee
2016-Richland Community Food Pantry
Organization of the Year
2016-4 Seasons of Fun
Best Face Forward
2016-Quail Run Golf Links